Brilliant for managing all your project backlogs in a Kanban fashion. Including a list for the DIY tasks around the house.
As a Marketer I use this daily to manage workflow, sort ideas around future content and prioritize my activities. My team collaborate and report using handy integrations with Google and we use it as a Customer service and Sales script repository to store links to docs and how-to videos.
If you aren't an organized person Trello allows for easy to see visuals that help keep projects on track. The team at Curexe has specifically used it to organize our bugs, new features, staging and production stages of our development.
- Parker Conrad, founder of Zenefits, recently launched his new company Rippling. Their platform automates all the paperwork, user accounts and hardware installations for new hires.I've not used this, but I've had thoughts before about how poor the employee onboarding process is and how it could be better. Rippling is everything I wanted to build and far more. One of my favourite new startups.
- Jonathan Ronzio made this productIf you value organizing systems, processes, and how-to's in your business and are looking to automate onboarding and streamline business operations for scale, Trainual is your tool. With Trainual, you can put everything from your basic handbook policies and employee onboarding procedures to more role-specific or software training in one, searchable place. Create and group company content by role or responsibility, assign things to the people that need to see them either on a one-off as needed basis or an auto-assigned training track when hired, and track user progress and comprehension the whole way.
My team actually geeked out over using Trainual. I had no idea how much they wanted to have our processes documented and in on centralized place. They've even started to create a few of their own.
Perfect tool for that growing company to self-build documentation of company or industry specific processes. We see a lot of companies struggling with creating clear on-boarding processes. This can simplify and help answer all those problems.
- Shay Howe made this productLead Honestly is my go to for employee onboarding and team management, specifically as a leader. It helps facilitate all of our 1-on-1 meetings, provides a pulse of how the team is doing, and tracks action items we need to do. For onboarding, I use the Employee Onboarding Playbook to ask them questions to help me get up to speed on how they'd like feedback, how they'd like to be recognized, what they've liked or disliked about their previous managers, and so forth.
My manager utilized this tool for over a dozen of our 1x1's, each of which have led to juicy discussions with no time wasted. Our 30 min 1x1's have all been straight to the point to really get the core of where I'm at in my role. Answering LeadHonestly's questions has been a very effective method to vocalize my thoughts to my manager and as a result strengthened our relationship.
We've been using LeadHonestly for the better part of this year after moving from another service. We're a small tight-knit team of 10-ish people. That familiarity led to assumptions and the same two people getting together are going to quickly run out of new ideas of things to talk about.
LeadHonestly provides us the opportunity to explore those unspoken assumptions and makes for better relationships all around.
- Gusto lets employees self-onboard their payroll and all of their benefits, as well fill out any new hire paperwork online. They also have features like offer letter signing, an email telling new hires how to get to the office on their first day, and a "welcome wall" where coworkers can leave fun messages greeting the new hire. It's US-only.
- Karan Bavandi made this productWe had great success with KBrowser. You can curate users desktop, so they can easily learn where to find information without hand holding, you can get great results. Our study found that new employees training went from 8 months to 3 months. This was in terms of them needing guidance to do the work.
- Fellow is a tool that managers use to have meaningful conversations with new employees. It comes powered with suggested questions and conversation topics to "set expectations" and "get to know each other," so I think it would be a great tool to use when onboarding a new employee. Check it out: www.fellow.app