I'm looking for ways to automate employee onboarding and provide a great experience to new hires. Anything from organizing the process to automatically sending emails or creating accounts.
- Parker Conrad, founder of Zenefits, recently launched his new company Rippling. Their platform automates all the paperwork, user accounts and hardware installations for new hires.I've not used this, but I've had thoughts before about how poor the employee onboarding process is and how it could be better. Rippling is everything I wanted to build and far more. One of my favourite new startups.
- Eduflow can be used to onboarding users, employees, customers and partners - anyone you want to give a great start. The way Eduflow is built allows you to set up a flexible onboarding experience that includes content, videos, tasks, submissions and other things. Check out an example of an onboarding course here: https://app.eduflow.com/course/o...
- I recently onboarded into my organization through the SoapBox app. Hands down it was the easiest, most organized and seamless onboarding experience that I have had in my career to date. My day-to-day schedule was planned out to help me get through everything you can think of. From documents to read and sign, all the way to potential groups/committees that I can join within the organization. It set me up completely for a successful onboarding process. SoapBox has also recently just released their new agenda templates feature on the platform, and you can get a peak of their internal onboarding template here: https://soapboxhq.com/agenda-tem... Would highly recommend! :)
- Jonathan Ronzio made this productIf you value organizing systems, processes, and how-to's in your business and are looking to automate onboarding and streamline business operations for scale, Trainual is your tool. With Trainual, you can put everything from your basic handbook policies and employee onboarding procedures to more role-specific or software training in one, searchable place. Create and group company content by role or responsibility, assign things to the people that need to see them either on a one-off as needed basis or an auto-assigned training track when hired, and track user progress and comprehension the whole way.
- Shay Howe made this productLead Honestly is my go to for employee onboarding and team management, specifically as a leader. It helps facilitate all of our 1-on-1 meetings, provides a pulse of how the team is doing, and tracks action items we need to do. For onboarding, I use the Employee Onboarding Playbook to ask them questions to help me get up to speed on how they'd like feedback, how they'd like to be recognized, what they've liked or disliked about their previous managers, and so forth.
- Gusto lets employees self-onboard their payroll and all of their benefits, as well fill out any new hire paperwork online. They also have features like offer letter signing, an email telling new hires how to get to the office on their first day, and a "welcome wall" where coworkers can leave fun messages greeting the new hire. It's US-only.
- Karan Bavandi made this productWe had great success with KBrowser. You can curate users desktop, so they can easily learn where to find information without hand holding, you can get great results. Our study found that new employees training went from 8 months to 3 months. This was in terms of them needing guidance to do the work.
- Fellow is a tool that managers use to have meaningful conversations with new employees. It comes powered with suggested questions and conversation topics to "set expectations" and "get to know each other," so I think it would be a great tool to use when onboarding a new employee. Check it out: www.fellow.app