- Easy to grasp project management even for the non-technical folks!As you grow, organizing tasks and stuff becomes very complicated. Trello Board really helps me focus on things which matter most urgently. There are some board templates which follow agile methodology to have your business tasks done. It helps you focus on things you need to get done in sprints and basically not forget stuff :)
Brilliant for managing all your project backlogs in a Kanban fashion. Including a list for the DIY tasks around the house.
As a Marketer I use this daily to manage workflow, sort ideas around future content and prioritize my activities. My team collaborate and report using handy integrations with Google and we use it as a Customer service and Sales script repository to store links to docs and how-to videos.
Trello has helped me organize my projects for a while now. Since I work as a software engineer. An example of my boards is sort of where I create tasks then I classify them according to their current position on the sprint. For example I have tasks in different cards such as Icebox, Backlog, Current Iteration and Done. I have set deadlines all ranging from 2 weeks to someday :(. Overall a great product!
- Zenkit is a project management tool that offers many different views on your data like eg. mind-map, kanban board, spreadsheet, list or calendar. With Zenkit you can keep the perfect overview of everything going on in your business while working productively with your team. Zenkit scales with the size of your project or business.
Using Zenkit for a few months now and can't see myself going back to my old tool. The team has done a phenominal job of building an application that addresses the need of power users, light users, and everything in between.
Edited my review to reflect the awesome response time to problem I encountered. Incredible, hard working team and their app reflects the care and dedication they have put into Zenkit. Keep up the great work, Zenkit!
- Speaking of time-saving, I guess a social media monitoring tools could be of help as well. If your business is talked about online, you want to know what do people think about it, whether these are good or bad things. If the volume of conversation is high, it is even better to have such tool as it will save you a lot of time you would otherwise have to spend manually browsing through different social media, news sites, blogs, etc.
A great tool that helps me understand where and how people discuss certain topics like "Alternative to [MyCompetitorName]", "How to [Solve the problem I sell a solution to]" so I can engage personally and try to convert.
Brand24 is a great app, especially if you're a business prone to any type of social media critics (like every type of business, nowadays?). It's just a much better way to know what people are saying about your brand then searching it through Google.
- Everyone will promote themselves:) but I won't, I just do believe that this app helps to automate a lot of processes and save the time by connecting the apps that you use (huge free, nice UI UX and really easy to understand)Agree with Ilya. Zapier is really key to automate a lot of processes that previously were done manually. The way it's set up makes it super easy to understand more difficult workflows.
Their design is excellent. Behind the scenes its very technical, but the user experience is smooth and easy on the eyes. It does such a great job of taking actions and information in one app and bringing it to your app of choice.
For extensive users, pricing model is not so friendly. But other than that, it's very user friendly. You don't need any programming background to create Zaps Zapier also has great amount of support document to help you get going and be creative. Great product.
- An all-in-one freelancers dream. Simple PayPal/Stripe business setup to receive payments, contract generation based on the template from the Freelancers Union, Expense tracking, Client & Project management, Task & Time tracker, Invoice generation and best of all, a real human CO that can advise through async messaging. It's mint!
Makes it super easy to invoice in a beautiful simple way that clients love. Offering credit card, PayPal and bank ACH payments really feels like it helps me get paid faster and looks professional. It's also a breeze to confirm that I've received payment and is helpful to get reminders of outstanding invoices. Love hearing the chime when money rolls in.
Can't believe I forgot to mention the support crew. I'm so used to banking/financial apps making service an afterthought. Whenever I have a question or issue they're on it within minutes and always eager to help.
I've tried every time-tracking/invoicing app there is for freelancers, but when I finally tried AND CO I was instantly sold!
Both the web app and mobile app are a delight to use. They are fast and just work without any hiccups. The features are great and have helped me save a ton of time on admin work. Sending an invoice or a contract is a breeze. You also get a real, live human to ask for help! Need to invoice a client? Have a question about your taxes? Simply send a message to your CO and they will always have your back!
Their dev team is also great! I requested a couple features and they were released within a few weeks. That showed me that the team at AND CO listen to their customers and give me confidence to use this app for the long-term.
It's not often that I fall in love with an app. AND CO is the exception. Highly recommended.
As a remote designer, this is a must have. I'm always contactable and available. Super easy way to also have quick calls and communicate with other team members on different teams.
I'm a part of a ton of Slack communities but I'm active in only a handful.
Slack works to its fullest only when it is implemented in a team and everyone's supposed to use it for communication. Slack could/should improve on making the communities on it better by adding relevant features.
- Beth Hudson made this productHiring is the first step to creating a team that works well together (aka a huge increase in productivity). Recruitee is a tool that streamlines this process, making sure you have the time to spend on ensuring the right fit for your company. Here are some perks: - Pay per active job, not per seat - Allows the whole team to collaborate - Has a great support team - Has Trello-like organization - Has a free trial to test out - etc. etc. etc.!
- At our digital startup, Basecamp keeps everything moving efficiently across our global hub and spoke system (i.e. we can work simultaneously with our development team in India and other offices across the world). If your business is a startup, then you'll rely on strong collaboration, and to hone collaboration you need to utilise the best tools, Basecamp being one of many.
Great and helpful app! I use Basecamp integration with TMetric in all my projects, for me this is the most convenient way to track my time for any activity in Basecamp
I'm a big fan not only of BaseCamp, but also their founders' books (Rework, Remote, Getting Real) and blog posts. Their work philosophy is amazing and it's reflected on the clean and concrete software.
I really enjoy managing all aspects of my company with BaseCamp
This app is simply amazing! I have been using this as my replacement to Google Spreadsheets. The features inside of this amazing service are endless. If you have lots of data and want to organize it efficiently, this is the app for you :)
We started using Airtable to manage our content projects at work. After using it for a month, I decided I liked it so much that I signed up for Zapier and Airtable to manage my personal projects as well. It has completely changed everything.
Overall, Notion is like a bunch of widgets and management apps combined into one awesome package. I've been using it for several months now, and it works really well. It's most useful for team projects, where you can make an entire directory of pages for the different types of tasks you need to handle, and keep all progress and information synced into one app.
Being able to move content blocks and pages around makes it very easy to organize, and the comment feature makes it easy to start a new thread to discuss a topic. Integration is also great, since I can embed code, videos, and even Google Drive documents. You can also customize the look and feel of pages (I love being able to set icons and header images for each page) to make them easily recognizable, and create complex layouts. There is a huge list of features that makes it possible to do almost anything you would want to do in a management/organization app.
It's still improving, and they have a list of new features coming soon (the one I'm excited for is being able to assign tasks to people). There's an iOS app beta (that doesn't work on my device currently). There are a few minor bugs that I come across, but it's nothing that distracts you from using it. It's a solid app that I'll continue to use for both group and individual projects.
I actually was just so sick of confluence and was asking someone at #Productboard about what they use and they told me about this. It's just pretty fun to use. Also the free trial is helpful if you're a small startup.
- Thomas Davis made this productWell designed and flexible enough to handle the majority of SMB needs. Here is an example template -> https://listium.com/@thomasdavis...
- Ferenc Horvat made this productPurp allows seeing each of your projects’ progression in same time. It helps to handle the tasks and deadlines dynamically because the Brain function organizes your tasks from each project automatically based on their importance, deadline, category and it sorts them to fit the given time of the day. Thereby it boosts your productivity and helps to be less stressed during you manage your business.
I recommend Asana to everyone who is trying to get a more organized life.
It's good to everything, it's free (until 15 members) and you can choose from 2 different styles: list or board. You can create unlimited projects, you can share tasks between projects with a click, there are chat boxes in every task, it's user friendly and their help forum is ultra helpful even if you never payed a penny to them.
I can't live without Asana. Just the most amazing thing ever.
I've used a few project management tools in the past and Asana is the only one that makes me genuinely happy and more productive (at work and with my side hustles).
I can't recommend this tool enough for its ease of use, features and user experience. As a cherry on top, Asana's vision to help teams collaborate and do their best work is one that I can personally identify with!