- This is one of my favourite gadgets! Makes for really great and original atmosphere, handy to shut all lights off at once and can even synchronize with the beat of my music!
- The absolute hub in our home! I have our Home hooked up to control our Sonos, lights around those house and thermostat through Nest...all without the goofy “humor” of Alexa or Siri, Google Home feels like the future realized on a daily basis.
- Unifies all of your smart home devices and Alexa is built in! There is a video intercom so you can talk from room to room (encrypted and privacy screen included). Ring integration displays a notification on the Brilliant screen if someone presses the button, or it will display the video feed. If you have a smart lock connected you can open the door directly from the notification. Set Scenes, like homework or date night. control your lights from an app, the control it self, voice or motion sensors. This is just scratching the surface!
- Way better than Google Home, better voice, bit smarter. Perfect present:)
- Almost all of my home audio problems have been solved by Sonos. The physical products are all exceptional, and the software has consistently improved the experience.
- I remember first hearing about WiFi connected thermostats and thinking to myself, "why would I need that?" I wondered if it would really be worth the price tag to justify my love of tech and gadgetry. Since then, I've fallen in love with any automation that simplifies the mundane. I love having a Nest thermostat that allows me to automatically adjust the schedule (which it learns based on regular use) or monitor the temperature away from home. One more simplified aspect of living plus peace of mind knowing your house isn't an icebox while away on vacation.
- First, it's kind of you to send me a gift. I don't think I've done anything to deserve it. Second, my pick is the WeMo switch. Admittedly, the reviews for WeMo switches are mixed on Amazon, but I've had mine for about 3 years now and have never had a problem with them. I prefer switches over an ecosystem like Philips Hue, because I'm not stuck having to buy proprietary bulbs. I can attach any electronic device or appliance to a WeMo switch and I'm good to go. My only regret is that they aren't HomeKit compatible, but I use IFTTT and I also received an Amazon Echo as an xmas gift and can use Alexa to turn my lights on.