Brilliant for managing all your project backlogs in a Kanban fashion. Including a list for the DIY tasks around the house.
As a Marketer I use this daily to manage workflow, sort ideas around future content and prioritize my activities. My team collaborate and report using handy integrations with Google and we use it as a Customer service and Sales script repository to store links to docs and how-to videos.
Trello has helped me organize my projects for a while now. Since I work as a software engineer. An example of my boards is sort of where I create tasks then I classify them according to their current position on the sprint. For example I have tasks in different cards such as Icebox, Backlog, Current Iteration and Done. I have set deadlines all ranging from 2 weeks to someday :(. Overall a great product!
- In terms of managing your productivity and keeping you on track, this app is awesome and super beneficial. It automatically creates tasks based on your projects + deadlines, helping you to stay super organized. Cleanest desk you'll ever own ;)
- Don't think I have to explain this one, do I? :-)
As a remote designer, this is a must have. I'm always contactable and available. Super easy way to also have quick calls and communicate with other team members on different teams.
I'm a part of a ton of Slack communities but I'm active in only a handful.
Slack works to its fullest only when it is implemented in a team and everyone's supposed to use it for communication. Slack could/should improve on making the communities on it better by adding relevant features.
I love everything about InVision.
Since I started using it 3-4 years ago they improved so many things and added really useful features. They collaborate with so many top designers of the industry that they always know what we want. I really appreciate the effort, time and love they put into their products and it's always fun to use them.
The tools I use on a weekly basis are:
InVision (Webapp); Freehand; Craft; Designbetter.co
All my designers loves the service, but I am struggling to use it, I find its UI/UX uncomfortable and not obvious. The most terrible is a mobile version of the web-site, extremely slow.
- So good -- i feel like they could improve some features thoughBy far the most effective way we found to track tasks and deliveries across a global team. Conversation rarely gets lost (opposite to slack) and helps to keep on top of things from a manager perspective. We are an event management and marketing agency. (so you get an idea of the scope of work it's used for).
I recommend Asana to everyone who is trying to get a more organized life.
It's good to everything, it's free (until 15 members) and you can choose from 2 different styles: list or board. You can create unlimited projects, you can share tasks between projects with a click, there are chat boxes in every task, it's user friendly and their help forum is ultra helpful even if you never payed a penny to them.
I can't live without Asana. Just the most amazing thing ever.
I use this tool for my job, side projects, and freelance. It's fantastic and easy to use.
Seeing how Airtable has progressed since it first launched is quite impressive. My only qualm with the application is the level of effort one has to put in to get a project setup. After spending a couple hours trying to set something up I ended up giving up and setting up someting in sheets using formulas in 30 minutes.
I have just started using it, so I'm still getting proficient at it. So far, I'm in love. I had been digging for a tool to help me with content management and strategy, and I couldn't be happier with what Airtable lets me do.
- Thomas Davis made this productDisclaimer: I’m one of the developers We’re building Listium because we find most list apps and project management tools too opinionated on how to design your workflow. Many people resort to a spreadsheet when they want more flexibility, but we think there should be a better option. We have many SMB’s and freelancers use Listium for a variety of jobs, including task and project management, basic time tracking, contact management, etc Here is an example template a freelancer could use -> https://listium.com/@thomasdavis... We are a young Australian company and always love to hear feedback! And here is an example board mode list -> https://listium.com/@thomasdavis...
I searched for that so long. Try it out, it's easy and free. I tried so many other apps and they didnt have these functions or didnt do it good. This is a better google calendar generally.
This is exactly how a tasks/calendar should work. I have been searching for almost a year to find the right task software. Plan nailed it, I hope they continue to grow and take over the market.
- MixMax has a whole bunch of features built on top of Gmail that helps me schedule meetings, track email opens/replies, create email templates and scheduled email delivery. Since I use email every day, MixMax is part of my daily workflow as well. I use to use a bunch of separate apps or extensions to do some of the things MixMax covers in one clean solution. The best part, they are always improving functionalities and releasing new features all the time! Use my referral link if you want to try out their FREE edition: https://mixmax.com/l/53JPo
- Simplest, most cost-efficient and great way to keep track of both finances and business banking transactions for independent professionals. The secure access to your online banking accounts and mobile apps to collect recipes and manage expenses is a plus you don't have to pay for; and it's actually quite a lot better than most in the game. As a longtime customer, I could not recommend them highly enough.