- It's super-easy and fast for creating mind maps of any sort, plus it has probably one of the nicest UI's I've seen on Mind mapping software.Using this for two years and it is a very good product.I agree, great tool for online collaboration and also personal use. At Biggerplate we take advantage of the ease of use and access even if we are all in different places. MindMeister made the top 5 for Best Mind Mapping Software in our Annual Mind Map (2016) survey. Our experience in events, meetings, webinars and other activities in 2016 suggests that MindMeister is one of the most highly regarded applications available, and one that seems certain to occupy at least a Top 5 place for the foreseeable future. Would recommend!
- Excellent mind mapping solution for idea management. Best part: Interactive HTML mind maps that can be opened and edited with any browser. Also, you can create mind maps, concept maps and flowcharts too. Best value for money!It offers the best value for money and has a great Mac OS X version which I currently use.
- Thought Zenkit is not a full-fledged mind map software, it has an upper advantage against under tools as it consists of different views such as board, list & table. Start your project by brainstorming in mind map view, plan it through different stages via board view, list down the todos in list view and finally table out the details in table view - all within a unified tool - Zenkit.
- I really like this mind mapping application. It has sync, clients for macOS/iOS. Really simple and intuitive interface.Mindnode is an awesome Apple app that really looks great. It also works really well.
- I'm mind mapping with XMind's free version. Love it. :)I have been using Xmind for a few years now, and I find the tool very useful and easy to use. Continuing a 4 year climb up the annual rankings in the Biggerplate Annual Mind Map Survey, and gaining ground in vote %, XMind takes 3rd place for the first time this year. With the launch of XMind cloud in 2016 providing online editing and accessibility between devices, we expect XMind to continue challenging upwards during the rest of 2017.
- It is a nifty cross-platform tool with the best export/import capabilities.I see a lot more use of Concept Draw on the Biggerplate website! Despite being one of the least active/visible user groups and software formats on Biggerplate, ConceptDraw has maintained a consistent place in the Top 10 for four years in a row in our Annual Mind Map Survey (2016), and even moves up one place in the rankings this year! This suggests a strong core user group remains, despite the absence of mobile apps and web capabilities seemingly demanded by many of our survey participants!
- It is completely free with no costs attached to it whatsoever and it has a super easy mind map maker. But even better is the fact that MindMapNinja is a social network specifically created for mind maps.
- I have been a mindmap user since the mid-2000s. I have tried dozens of them, but the one I keep coming back to is Simplemind. A number of things set it apart: 1) Multiplatform: Windows, iOS, MAC and Android. 2) Lots of keyboard shortcuts 3) Allows you to have multiple separate mindmaps on "one sheet. 4) Responsive text support. 5) Easy to copy and past outlines from other apps and convert them to Mindmaps One thing I wish it had was the ability to create mindmaps within an email and send them to Simplemind. Interesting and relevant to James Brouard's recommendation of Mindmeister, is that I've been in contact with one of his staff and I understand that this functionality will soon show up on their platform. So I may give that a try.SimpleMind now crops up in the Biggerplate Annual Survey results for Best Mind Mapping Software. The tool drops two places this year, but the team from the Netherlands should be pleased to retain their place in the Top 10 having entered for the first time only last year, and held off a number of other applications this year! As Tracy mentions, another developer working hard to successfully bridge the Windows/Mac/iOS/Android interface, we would expect to see SimpleMind in the Top 10 again next year, and potentially moving up a couple of places too!
- It syncs flawlessly between all my devices. I use a Mac, iPhone and iPad and I can start a map on one device and pick it up on another. It's also available on Windows too. I have never had a problem or bug with this software and I've used it for years, so that tells you everything.I'm a fan of the mind maps I see which are created using iThoughts. The software us back up in 4th place this year in our Annual Survey Best Mind Map Software results, with 7% of the votes! We expect the newly launched Windows version of this application to act as a disruptive influence in 2017, and help build upon the already strong following for this application among the Mac/iOS community.
- First, most complete and still the best in the game.Mindjet MindManager is a very strong mind mapping tool particularly for project management- for which I would recommend! Maintaining incredible consistency in the top 2 positions over the 4 year period in our Annual Mind Map Survey results for Best Mind Mapping Software, MindManager holds 2nd place in 2017, with 25% of the vote (up from 23% in 2016). Acquired by Corel in 2016, it will be interesting to see what lies ahead for the MindManager product in 2017, but it's safe to say there is an extremely solid position from which the new owners can build and develop into the next era for this highly rated application.