- I use Polymail on Mac and IOS and the email tracking feature works well on bothI asked a similar question a week back, only to realize that Polymail was already installed on Mac long back. Polymail offers read-receipts even without Polymail Pro subscription.
Polymail picked up where Mailbox left us hanging. Implementing all the best features like "Read Later" scheduling and swipe actions — all housed in a clean design.
Lately, I've noticed that Polymail is focusing more on biz dev and sales productivity with Polymail Pro. Understandable, with Sparrow and Mailbox being sold off and shut down. It's clear that email clients need to become profitable to survive. Unfortunately, I'm often pressured into features that I would never use via prompts and popups.
I have used Polymail for a couple of years now. I still notice a few small bugs around rendering emails, and the Read Later queue can break down if you have several threads saved. Still hoping these issues will be fixed soon. 🙏
Overall the app still functions great and is my daily email client.
I recently gave Polymail another try and it's indispensable now. Fast mailbox switching and read receipts are the killer features for me.
Love Polymail for the Mac, but the iOS app doesn't do it for me. When I'm on my phone, Inbox is my go-to.
- I've been using Newton for a about 2 months now, and love all the features they have in addition to tracking. Great design, has features such as tracking, snoozing, send later, as well as integrations with other tools (Trello, Wunderlist, Pocket, Evernote, Asana, Todoist etc.)Amazing email client and awesome tracking. Highly recommend.
Thanks to Newton, I enjoy reading and writing emails.
It’ll eventually reduce your stress
- It's the fastest, most stable email client for someone like me (product hunter with about a hundred tousand unread messages). It also doesn't eat storage on my mac. And unlike many there, it's free.
I've been using Spark since the very beginning. I was an original waitlist-starting user of Mailbox, and was excited to find spark almost immediately after Mailbox went extinct. This is the best email experience on every platform, and has a variety of productivity features that make it my go-to.
Ever since Mailbox became a graveyard app, I have been looking for a worthy replacement – and Spark is as close as it gets! The UI is clean, combining dark and light colors which helps with using the app; the side menu being dark while the rest of the UI has a white background makes you focus on the important stuff (the mail list and the mail in focus)!
- Tried Polymail, Newton, Spark, Airmail and some others. When Astro came along, I stuck with it. They still don’t support IMAP and may lack some other fancy features, but the current featureset (priority box, snoozing, tracking, follow up reminders, inline answering etc) is well executed and reliable.I've used tons of tons of email clients over the years and Astro quickly became my preferred choice. It's smart, efficient, well developed and the team behind it are super active and responsive to feedback.Been using this after my Polymail trial expired. Love the simplicity and simple AI features (You haven't been opening emails from , should I auto-archive and mark future messages as read.?) Best alternative if you are looking for Mail Tracking, Scheduling and some intelligence, the Priority inbox is A+ too
My mail client has to handle my personal as well as business mail. My life isn't neatly divided into work and non-work. All my personal mail is through my mac address. Not supporting that makes it worthless to me.
Just switched to this email client both on my Mac and my iPhone. I'm very impressed with how easy this is to use without too many bells and whistles.
I don't use the calendar though as I only use iCloud Calendar and not the calendar attached to my gmail.
- If you like Mac Mail this is an extension with some features that includes tracker. Very happy with it, paid the full software for unlimited actions
- Seamless integration into Gmail through Chrome and works on all types of computers. Offers a reliable email tracking feature as well as a bunch of other features.Mixmax also has a desktop app – weak spot is mobile, but supposedly in the works. Very much a desktop tool at the moment, but our team uses and loves it.
- While this is a Chrome plugin, it's worth mentioning Vocus.io (like how folks upvoted Mixmax). It tracks email opens and clicks accurately and knows who among multiple receivers opened the email. As for native mac apps, I still find myself using Mail.app for browsing through lots of emails... but I do use Vocus.io on Chrome for sending business-related emails
I'm shocked this product doesn't have more reviews. Have to offset the one negative review with a positive.
I've been using Mailtrack for a year now. Prior to that I tested many different online tools to track email from Gmail and none worked well enough for. HubSpot's SideKick worked wonderfully, but then became more complex as they integrated it into their CRM.
For me, I want simplicity. I want to know when my emails were read. That way it saves me the guess work of the email being delivered and read.
I highly recommend using Mailtrack and purchasing the Pro version! It's worth the minimal cost.
Too expensive in my opinion.