- Sorry to state the obvious but Slack is our favorite because it's: ✅ Available on every platform ✅ Delightful to use (although I'm not a fan of the overly complicated threaded replies) ✅ Has a vibrant community building bots and integrations for just about everything (see the Slack topic on PH)Slack is the freaking best. I'm on the same team as Ryan and I can attest that Slack is a thriving and delightful chat service. They've done such a brilliant job on messaging that work friends and I often find ourselves trying to use Slack commands or emojis in our text conversations (@-ing people doesn't work in text, as much as I want it to, nor does :party-parrot: and :bananarocks:, an underrated dancing banana).
I'm a part of a ton of Slack communities but I'm active in only a handful.
Slack works to its fullest only when it is implemented in a team and everyone's supposed to use it for communication. Slack could/should improve on making the communities on it better by adding relevant features.
As a remote designer, this is a must have. I'm always contactable and available. Super easy way to also have quick calls and communicate with other team members on different teams.
- Better integration with office ecosystem. Also conferencing is pretty neat too.Microsoft Teams is great within organization that use Office ecosystem. The nativeness of onedrive and office product is just amazing. Files, calendar, skype, all is there in one browser (and desktop app if need be). Teams offers creation of teams and channels within them. Every team has a wiki, files and integration. All the office files can be embeded within the teams rather easy. Chatting, sharing and creating in Teams is easy and intuitive. Microsoft Teams mobile app is amazing as well. From time to time is kinda slow. But the team at Microsoft are optimizing it all the time. Their work on it and constant tweaking points to a good future.
- Priansh Shah made this productTyping can be convenient sometimes to search through, but our team has switched to using our own product for nearly all our communications now. We built Aiko Meet so that you could speak instead of type, with engaging video meetings that focus on productivity! Not to toot our own horn here but we think we're pretty cool too 😊 Aiko Meet is like any other video chat except it runs entirely in the browser, comes with no downloads or installs, and as long as you're using one of our top supported browsers (i.e. Chrome) it'll automatically transcribe everything you say as well. With a full transcript we've been able to go back in time to read what we discussed, while keeping the flexibility of video/voice that's just way faster for communicating than typing things out. We're working on integrating with other chat solutions as well so you'll soon be able to use us with many other popular tools like Slack!
I can't tell you how impressed I am -this is a killer product - AI is cool - most important it works. I just tested and got the transcript, and you were right on your site; this is MAGIC !!!! great job Congrats
OMG! These subtitles!! I video call with my clients all the time and there's ALWAYS that one guy who no one can hear because he has 1kbps internet connection. I took a call with a client on it this morning and I'm shocked. The speed was great even though they have terrible connection, and when they cut out the subtitle still came in perfectly and I was able to continue the convo seamlessly. He had an issue with our product that I was able to resolve super easily by asking him to screenshare (no extension is a big win!). VERY well done! Well deserved congratulations.
- I know this is made for gamers - but there's simply not a better product out there for chatting. Currently a sidehustle project of mine exclusively uses Discord for chatting and even dev/creative collaboration. Pros: - Free, all messages saved with unlimited space for media - Text chats, voice chats, video chats, and screen sharing - 8MB upload limit (50MB if you pay) - Wildly intuitive roles/channels/chats management - Bot integration means you can do almost anything Slack can do - On all platforms + web - Simply a delight to use Cons: - Have to purchase Nitro to use animated emoji - Since it's new not nearly as widespread or known (yet)
- Take a look at Chanty — a simple and fast team chat app that my team is passionately creating. Chanty provides all required chat features from instant messaging to managing notification and creating tasks so that you can get on the same page with your team. Chanty is already known as a great Slack alternative for startups, small and medium business. Its competitive advantages are its speed, clear interface, built-in task manager and an affordable price. Chanty team chat apps are available on: Desktop (Windows, macOS and Linux (Debian and Fedora-based distributives). Mobile (Android and iOS). Web most popular browsers (Google Chrome, Safari, Edge, Mozilla).
- The IC Project is equipped with an instant messaging module which allows for conversations between team members and clients within the scope of a project and related tasks and activities. Thanks to the unique relationship between communication and the projects, every decision and every conversation is available to persons wishing to analyse the performance of the project and the reasons for success or failure. The ICP communication supports file attachments, multi-user chat and e-mail notifications for people not present in the system.