- There's no better app that so seamlessly integrates all the functions a freelancer needs to manage his/her business, let alone up their productivity by taking care of all tasks like invoicing, expensing and timetracking, so freelancers can better focus on their work. The app has simplified invoicing, integrated time tracking and a personal chief operator (real human!) to answer any questions too.
Makes it super easy to invoice in a beautiful simple way that clients love. Offering credit card, PayPal and bank ACH payments really feels like it helps me get paid faster and looks professional. It's also a breeze to confirm that I've received payment and is helpful to get reminders of outstanding invoices. Love hearing the chime when money rolls in.
Can't believe I forgot to mention the support crew. I'm so used to banking/financial apps making service an afterthought. Whenever I have a question or issue they're on it within minutes and always eager to help.
I've tried every time-tracking/invoicing app there is for freelancers, but when I finally tried AND CO I was instantly sold!
Both the web app and mobile app are a delight to use. They are fast and just work without any hiccups. The features are great and have helped me save a ton of time on admin work. Sending an invoice or a contract is a breeze. You also get a real, live human to ask for help! Need to invoice a client? Have a question about your taxes? Simply send a message to your CO and they will always have your back!
Their dev team is also great! I requested a couple features and they were released within a few weeks. That showed me that the team at AND CO listen to their customers and give me confidence to use this app for the long-term.
It's not often that I fall in love with an app. AND CO is the exception. Highly recommended.
- I love Trello! I actually create a list for each day with cards for my tasks that day. I'm not even using my normal agenda anymore. And for a big procrastinator like, it's great to move the tasks just to the next day ;-)Trello is not only for freelancing but also for other projects. Let's do this: Trello is an empty house and what you need to do is bring your facilities to the house and tweak them within that house. Your toys are: List = Many Cards = Many Many Checklists = Many Many Many Checklist items. You also have date picker and label for each card. The most useful features I've been using are: Saved Search and Filter by Labels (just click F).
I just started using this with my marketing team at work, and so far it seems to be an efficient way to coordinate on projects. Now if I can just remember to log in and actually use the boards...
Brilliant for managing all your project backlogs in a Kanban fashion. Including a list for the DIY tasks around the house.
As a Marketer I use this daily to manage workflow, sort ideas around future content and prioritize my activities. My team collaborate and report using handy integrations with Google and we use it as a Customer service and Sales script repository to store links to docs and how-to videos.
- I charge my clients a monthly fee, but just for my own overview, I like to track how many hours I work on what. Sometimes I feel like I've been sitting at my desk all day, and then I see that only 3 hours have really been productive. Also, when I outsource things per hour, I let those people use Toggl so I can track their hours.I love how easy Toggl is to use, keeping track of what I'm actually doing is so easy, and writing down what I'm actually doing helps so much with keeping me on task.
- Ivan Mir made this productIf you are working on Mac, try Qbserve for real-time productivity tracking (I'm the developer). It shows your productivity score right in the menu bar and dock icons, tracks project time automatically, and generates invoices. This way you can stay more focused and spend less time on time tracking.
This app is pretty awesome. They made it so detailed that when I walked away from my laptop for 20 minutes, instead of just logging whatever app I was on, it asked me if I was eating, sleeping, exercising, etc. since it knew I was away from the computer
It logs every single website and app you visit, and almost everything has been categorized for you. You can even make your own categories and projects to specifically log as well. At the end, I can also look at everything I did with charts and a pie chart showing my overall time spent categorized into productive, neutral, and distracted, which is a really awesome way to get a quick overview.
Other activity trackers and systems for keeping organized have always stressed me out a ton. Qbserve is the first activity tracker i've used that i don't feel hung up or bad about using through the entire cycle of use. There are periods where i will stop tracking for a while, but Qbserve is always easy to jump back into and use. You get immediate feedback about what's going on, and the color tracking in the dock icon gives a great visual feedback mechanism as a reminder for how on track you've been (or not).
Classification has gotten better, and the ability to triage stuff yourself is great. I wish there were some way to segment up my twitter use into work related, and time wasting, but that's my only complaint.
I love Rescuetime and have used it for more than a year. Affordable and a great way to manage how you are spending your time. It's not yet a full solution, and will need to expand to iOS mobile and also provide a more robust solution for offline tracking.
Extremely helpful tool if one struggles to improve his/her daily productivity.
- I recommend TMetric, it's an easy and user-friendly time-tracking app with a wide range of functions.
I have tried many time trackers before I started to use TMetric, but each of them has its own cons. TMetric combines user-frinedly interface and a wide range of useful functions and integrations. Integration with Asana was one of the essential points for me. Also I like that Tmetric has a mobile time tracking app, so you can keep tracking of your activity out of office too.
I use Redmine + TMetric to manage my working activity and keep tracking of working hours and I am fully satisfied with these tools. TMetric helps me to stay productive and reduce the waste of time. Tmetric provides me with detailed time and tasks reports