My company is wanting to take a closer look at tracking user behavior in our web apps. Something like Heap was a bit outside of our price range, and we've considered Hotjar as well as Mixpanel. Anyone with firsthand experience that can advocate for a great solution would be appreciated!
- Our team uses Mixpanel and it has worked out pretty well in keeping track of in-app events and behavior, and they also have a mobile app (https://www.producthunt.com/post...) to monitor your dashboard and metrics while you ride the train or sit in line for coffee. We previously used Localytics, which is also pretty slick.
- We use Segment and Amplitude. Depending on your volume, Amplitude could be a lot cheaper than Mixpanel.At Peloton, we are massive fans of Amplitude. As a subscription-based business, we are constantly looking at behaviors tied to high engagment and retention. The enterprise solution unlocks the ability to create behavioral cohorts based on any action taken in the app or any trait of the user, which is incredibly powerful. Also the team is constantly improving the product. Couldn't recommend these guys enough. *We use Amplitude via Segment rather than the direct integration.
- On many of our apps we use Facebook Analytics. It comes with the Facebook SDK and it's much more powerful in my opinion then Firebase. Many more options for segmenting, seeing user demographics, filtering and more. Comes with push campaigns as well. Best part is that it's FREE :)
- Whichever you choose, I would strongly recommend that you implement it via Segment. Once you've instrumented the events you want to track via Segment then you have the freedom to choose any analytics visualizer (Mixpanel, Amplitude, Heap etc.) and also to switch visualizer at the click of a button. This will allow you to try out a few tools. The other major advantage of using Segment is that you can also have access to a ton of other JS-based tools that your product may benefit from. Tools that we've implemented via Segment include everything from MailChimp to Intercom to FB ads pixel to Heap.
- Clifford Oravec made this productIf you're looking to get an in-depth understanding of your web app's user experience, Tamboo lets you watch recordings of people using your application, and also provides heat maps and funnel analytics that can help you understand user behavior at a summary level.
- Esmeralda Martinez made this productIndicative is a robust behavioral analytics platform that is specifically designed for business users to understand customer behavior and optimize customer engagement, conversion, and retention. It allows marketing and product teams to analyze a single view of customer behavior across all their digital touchpoints, including web, app, email automation, support systems, databases and data warehouses, without requiring any involvement from BI specialists or engineers.