As a remote worker myself, I'm always curious to see what others use to improve the experience of working from home or on the move. This can include furniture, software, hardware, backpacks, etc. Whatever makes being remote easier for you.
- In my opinion, one app that's a must-have is DottedSign (an e-signature app). First of all, you're able to send out and sign all kinds of contracts digitally and with a high degree of security, you're able to monitor the progress and know what state of signing your documents are in and this basically saves a ton of time when you're working remotely. So, security, reliability and efficiency are the three top reasons for using such an app, and DottedSign will provide you with all three.
- R A I Z A made this productThis might not be what you exactly meant - but I have multiple computers + an iPhone that I use for work. The reason for this is I have a designated "work" computer and a "home" computer, and occasionally I end up doing work on both of them. Atlas gives me the ability to search my stuff (both computers) using any of my devices, and will give me the files / URLs / for my stuff and take me back faster through a smarter search platform. Whenever I work from home or remotely during any period of time, this is super useful for looking through and across all of the different silos my work is living in.
- If you're a freelancer working from home or remote, this app is a great resource to help you run your business. You can manage all your expenses, income and invoices in any currency, AND CO automatically converts everything with real-time and historical conversion rate data. It's all built with a smart workflow so you can have some piece of mind while working remote, knowing that your business is taken care of;)
- Not only is the app fantastic for finding great spots to work (even in towns you wouldn't expect it!), the Slack community is supportive and friendly. Definitely recommend!Kristi E. DePaul made this productOur app's community-scouted + vetted locations in over 150 countries = happy remote workers just about anywhere. If you're a global wanderer or are traveling for work and need a spot with reliable WiFi and the right ambiance, Workfrom helps you to find it. There's also a virtual community you can join with a Pro membership so you never have to work alone. :) (Before I joined the team, I was an enthusiastic user.)
- The real-time chat features, video calls, screen-sharing help you seamlessly stay in touch with the team onsite. Also, there's an inbuilt task management tool that helps manage tasks within the team. It also allows integrations in a unique sort of way, so all your internal tools once integrated can be accessible within Flock. Essentially, even while you're working remotely, you can have access to all information in one single place. The app is free to use and is available across devices.
- Beth Hudson made this productIf you're hiring remotely or have remote recruiters or team members that want to get in on the hiring process, Recruitee is a great collaborative hiring tool. It streamlines the hiring process, allows for unlimited users, and has things like a mobile app with notifications, team notes, and a careers site editor.