Looking to send regular push notifications of new products from our service to Desktop and mobile users. I'm giving priority (for now) to sending the largest ammout of notifications with the lower (free, if possible) cost. Just started using PushCrew, that allows up to 500 users. But know PushPrime came to my attention, which would allow me to send notifications to up to 3k users! Wanted to know if there is any other service I should consider before jumping into PushPrime. If the service doesn't quite meet the free 3k users mark, but you think deserves a shoutout, do explain why you think it does!
- Pusher has been building top-notch products, and a little less than a year ago they've launched their mobile push notifications product. I personally haven't used it myself, but looks like it is currently still in beta and free to use.
- At Product Hunt we've switched to OneSignal after Parse had shut down. I really like cross-platform support (Safari, Chrome, iOS, MacOS).
- I would recommend Amazon SNS. Runs on AWS, very customizable.
- Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM) is part of the Firebase suite of products and starts for free. It's a developer platform so you'll need to be slightly more technical than some services but the suite of products in the platform is superb (esp. given you can do a lot for free). It's what I use and definitely worth spending time exploring if you need an app backend/infrastructure.Great tool, I use it just for the Push Notifications but Firebase also has analytics and other tools. Also its has a pretty generous free tier.
- There are no doubts that the push notification is replacing the email subscription services. I quit using email subscription services six months ago and profited by changing it to push notifications. To chose the provider was not an easy task, because there are so many of them. After many hours of research, I found two options - catapush and this: https://getfirepush.com/. The second option is the one I use for a few months, and it seems to be efficient so far. The only critical thing is that the dashboard is not pretty. In the beginning, I needed some time to figure it out. On the other hand, the set up was fast, and there is a variety of targeting and segmentation offers, advanced scheduling, not to mention great support 🙂