- At Product Hunt we've switched to OneSignal after Parse had shut down. I really like cross-platform support (Safari, Chrome, iOS, MacOS).
- I would recommend Amazon SNS. Runs on AWS, very customizable.
- Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM) is part of the Firebase suite of products and starts for free. It's a developer platform so you'll need to be slightly more technical than some services but the suite of products in the platform is superb (esp. given you can do a lot for free). It's what I use and definitely worth spending time exploring if you need an app backend/infrastructure.Great tool, I use it just for the Push Notifications but Firebase also has analytics and other tools. Also its has a pretty generous free tier.
- There are no doubts that the push notification is replacing the email subscription services. I quit using email subscription services six months ago and profited by changing it to push notifications. To chose the provider was not an easy task, because there are so many of them. After many hours of research, I found two options - catapush and this: https://getfirepush.com/. The second option is the one I use for a few months, and it seems to be efficient so far. The only critical thing is that the dashboard is not pretty. In the beginning, I needed some time to figure it out. On the other hand, the set up was fast, and there is a variety of targeting and segmentation offers, advanced scheduling, not to mention great support 🙂
- Great Pick! Truepush is free forever service as per what their website says and claim that they will remain free forever. Installed the code and seems to work fine. I liked the features they are offering, cross-platform, segmentation, multi language support etc
As Push notifications becoming default now in every mobile app, also in web with PWAs becoming, TruePush can make life easier for developers and early-stage products.
This is an update...originally I couldn't create a project. TruePush is extremely easy to setup and the dashboards and campaigns work great!
I cannot get a project to create. When creating one, it needs an icon to be used for the site. It is supposed to be at least 400x400 and less than 500kb. I've followed those requirements, but it keeps flashing an error that an icon is needed when I try to save. After that, sometimes it just sits there and does nothing when I save. I reached out on their Freshchat but haven't heard back yet.