Looking for a simple tool my team of 5 can use that captures the most up-to-date status on all our tasks
- How do I love thee Trello? Let me count the ways. I love thee for your kanban style approach to task management I love thee for your simple UI I love thee for your great content and I love thee for Taco (who can resist such an adorable dog)
- If all you need is a tool that keeps up with status by tracking todo items then I would just start a free @Slack ; Add all 5 members to it, and then add the /todo command (https://slack.com/apps/A0HBTUUPK...) to all the channels. As soon as anyone finishes a todo item everyone in the channel is instantly notified. In addition to this you can attach any type of file directly to the @Slack channel and even maintain the content of text-based files within channels too. Management tools greatly differ based on what types of tasks you need to manage, and what kind of content is required, and how it needs to be shared and consumed across your team, however... ...You have not provided a very clear picture of what you're managing at all, is it code? Is it graphics? Is it a more complex product/service testing/support/update system? Certain tools will likely provide better task management than others, some are much more complex in their offerings, and others are much simpler. Each tool mentioned so far is better suited for managing certain groups based on what they're actually doing, however, @Slack has so many integrations that you can most likely adjust it to perfectly manage what you're doing. Beyond this, it's quite simple (within a week or less) to create a BOT in @Slack that will actually work autonomously making your task of task management itself simpler and more streamlined/automated.
- Couldn't think of a better app to use to help me manage my daily tasks and workflow. The tool simpy creates tasks for you based on your project, contract terms and deadlines all in the app. It's simple and intuitive to use and really helps your mind de-clutter and stay organized.
- Romain Biard made this productIf you are managing video project, I think that you may be interested by @Strime. It has a very sleek interface, it's free to use and available in english, french and spanish. You can keep track of all the changes required by your clients on your productions in one single place, and work on them like on a todo list.
- Not a task management tool per se, but comes with a really cool feature for managing tasks. You can create tasks, assign them and also set due-dates. I primarily use it for communicating it with the team. There's direct and group chat, video calls and all that stuff you'd need for collaboration. In my opinion, a task management tool should provide for communication needs as well. With seamless communication features, managing tasks is a lot more effective. By the way, it's free to use... :)