Where are the music discovery apps? It seems there's no innovation on this subject... What service has helped you most?
- Spotify already has great features included! 'Discover Weekly' is one of them, but also 'Playlist/Song Radio' 🎶by far the best. hands down. nothing comes even close to the quality of the recommendations and the simplicity of the experience
- Built by the folks who created We Are Hunted (acquired by Twitter and relaunched as #Music in 2013)Created by a music genius and used daily by some of the best ears across the globe. Only place I can truly say I find some of the best unheard of artists and their music!
- For ten bucks a month, I am presented with thousands of newly curated playlists in every which form there could ever be. Further, they have real radio stations with DJs that actually care about good music, and not just putting out the top 16 hit songs of the month. I don't possibly know how my music discovery system could get any better than Apple Music.
- Still rocks! It has web-version, unofficial Mac client called Plug and apps for iOS and Android.Hype Machine is just simply the best for discovery of less known tracks & remixes. Nothing compares to it!
- I've been using Noon Pacific for a few weeks now and it's a simple, curated list of good new songs. Easy to use and no hassles with subscriptions.
- I have found great success with the "I'm Feeling Lucky" radio feature which has worked very well for discovery every time I've used it. They also have given me great recommendations for new releases, and I've usually found at least one gem each day from both features. I've been using this service for over a year, and have found it to fulfill all my discovery needs.
- 8Last.fmIt's hard to believe this hasn't been mentioned yet... With all of the data they have from years and years of scrobbling (i.e. "listening" -- 1 song play = 1 "scrobble"), Last.fm is my #1 place for finding new music to listen to. It recommends based on your listening habits, or by the habits of others who like that same artist/album/song. Give it a go!
- I use Pandora since they got started. To this day, even with the competition of all new players, I can see how Pandora is a step ahead in finding relevant music that I actually like and don't have to skip songs as with the other services.