What do you play to keep yourself entertained on long flights?
- 5Monument ValleyI'd been recommended this game by many, and when I had a long flight from London to San Francisco I decided to give Monument Valley a try. I was instantly impressed by how clever and addictive it was! Although it won't last you the entirety of the flight, I played through it all in a few hours and was thoroughly satisfied. Definitely worth picking up if you haven't played it before.Monument Valley is one of the most beautiful games ever made, from the colors to the puzzles to the background music and gentle sound effects. Every time I open this game I get completely entranced (something marvelous to experience when you're on a plane). The 3D puzzles that you navigate in the game were inspired by the artwork of MC Escher, so you can also have that little sense of triumph that this is no ~average~ game either.
- I was surprised to find out that this game I'm addicted to works seamlessly offline. So well, in fact, that I questioned whether it ever works online with other players (will we ever know!?). The bots become a bit predictable, but the game is so addictive and simple.
- I love Plants vs. Zombies. LOVE it. This version takes the classic game and adds a card game style twist on it, plus adds superheroes. Zombie superheroes. It's altogether delightful and a wonderful time suck, so it's a great time killer for long haul flights.
- Solitaire is the f*cking best. If you've rage quit any number of the other games you've attempted on your flight and need some good old reassurance that you're awesome, turn to 1-card Klondike Solitaire. It's nearly impossible to lose and the cards dance when you inevitably win. Plus, you can feel like a grandpa (it is "retro"!).
- 2Coastal Hill: Dark LegendsIf you're having a long flight like 8 or 10 hrs, a game like this will definitely captivate you. It's a quest game where you need to find hidden objects. It can be played in airplane mode and does not require internet connection. As a plus, you won't see rewarded video ads.