Up to this point I've only ever done full-time work as a designer, but am now dipping my toes into freelance work on the side. What are the best tools for getting started, i.e. tax tools, invoices, time tracking, etc. Is there a one-stop solution for all of this?
- Super simple interface that does everything you need like contracts, time tracking, and invoicing!
- I'm actually a big fan of the Creativity 365 suite that comes with 5 apps meant for working on creative projects that have to do with animation, video-editing and a couple of apps that will help you with time-management and organization. One app in particular, NoteLedge, is great for taking creative notes, sketching/drawing and digitizing your ideas. With Markup, you're able to annotate and highlight web-content and trace sources easily, and last but not least, Pocket Scanner is very helpful when you have paper documents, business cards and white-boards you'd like digitized and saved on your cloud. What I like most about this suite is that all the apps are quite versatile, while also easy to use/learn and they're bound to become a part of your daily life.I've used this suite back when I was doing freelancing, and I found it both useful and easy to master. Mostly I used the Animation Desk for creating animation, and NoteLedge (notes app) for taking care of my schedule and going over projects I was working on. Really enjoyed this suite - great apps.
- Zenkit is very flexible to fullfill various needs of freelancer. For instance, use Zenkit as tasks/to-do planner, project management, CRM for invoices, file archive, and many more. You can switch views from Kanban, Table, To-do lists, calendar, mind map, and upcoming Gantt chart! Zenkit also integrates with different time trackers for your needs!
- Ivan Mir made this productQbserve (our app) tracks project time automatically and generates invoices from collected data. It also gives real-time feedback on your productivity – a very important feature for a person new to freelancing and working from home.
- Daniel Alm made this productWhen you are a freelancer, you want to focus on doing your best work rather than tracking your time. That's why my app Timing 2 completely automates your time tracking. It observes how you use your Mac, then gives you an overview of that time. Some nice extras: - Timing automatically suggest blocks of time that belong together. That way, you can assign a whole day in just seconds. - Timing can even automatically ask you what you did, as soon as you return to your Mac. Of course all the basics (projects, start/stop timers, reports, exporting, etc.) are handled as well :-)
- I used Upwork earlier and Fiverr for my freelance work. Apart from its database of 1.5 million clients, Upwork is excellent. It lets you set up different client accounts within your freelancer account along with powerful reporting tools for every project. It accommodates both short- and long-term projects, hourly or per-project work and expert-level and entry-level engagements. What is more - timesheets, time analyzer, earnings by a client, lifetime earnings, logs, history, etc.
- PDFelement for Mac/windows is a speedy, lightweight, yet surprisingly powerful PDF editing application. Product page: https://pdf.wondershare.com/?utm... And PDFelement also releases a basic version for those people who require to edit pdf in a simple and fast method with an affordable price. PDFelement Pro for Mac-it helps to read, edit, or annotate PDFs, convert PDFs with ease. Convert PDFs to words/text/PPT/EXCEL. It also support OCR(convert image to words) Product page: https://pdf.wondershare.com/pdf-...
- Eugen Tișcovschi made this productThe Creator helps you create and design better and faster, branded graphic design for your business, your startup or for your clients. Unleash your creativity! You are The Creator! Full & Free Things Included. :)
- Krisp offers a free deep learning tool to completely mute any background noise from the person you are speaking with but also if you are in a noisy area. Especially useful if you have to attend a video conference in an open office space, home with children on the background or any other place with noise you want to eliminate for the other party. The good news, it's compatible with any conferencing app - Zoom, Skype, Slack andd 500 more! One more reason to work from your browser!
- Ivan Burban made this productBuilder for dynamic AMP email
- Malin Sundberg made this productIf you’re using macOS, I released a time tracking and invoicing app for the Mac yesterday! It’s called Orbit. I might be biased, but I love using it every day! 😉 At the moment, we have a special Founders plan and offer a free trial.
- Great pick! Schedule your meetings and appointments with your leads and send them to your website after the booking. Automatically share relevant links of your work with an follow up message from the system. Connect it to Hubspot CRM (both free tools) to have an organized lead management system in place for yourself.