- I listen to music and podcasts all day so this is essential for me to have from the very beginning. It was actually my first download on my new Pixel XL. Pretty much the only time I hit pause during a work day is for Product Hunt team meetings!I am trapped in the Spotify ecosystem. Not exactly a bad thing, regardless of the device I am using, I can have access to all my favourite songs and playlists AND with the ability to upload your own music from your hard drive and listen to it within the Spotify app, I'm never away from my songs. I am still trapped, however.
- The best password manager out there. Plus, I can't sign into anything without it 😄
- If you're a gmail user, the Inbox app by Google for iPhone is great. Simple design and great reminder/notification system.
I pretty much like all things Google, but Inbox just isn't for me. I much prefer good old fashioned Gmail on my iPhone. The way Inbox sorts my emails doesn't always make sense to me, and I suppose I'd rather sort it myself. There are definitely better email apps out there. I know because I've tried a bunch of them.
I like & hate inbox for the same features.
It´s the first time my Mailbox feels sorted and clean. That said Inbox dicards eamils as unimportant, doesn't show notifications for all emails and shows how much it knows about my friends, travel agrangements and so on.
I do think a manual hosted version would be really great but I doubt we will see something soon.
In the end its a Google Product which means no updates and in 2 years we get the next version of it. It lacks a lot of things you can't do with it. For instance multiple Accounts, S/MIME encryption and ways to highlight a lot more.
- Slack, it's a place where is my whole team.I'm in quite a few teams. Strangely, my team doesn't feel the love for it as I do. Orlando Devs is the richest (most diverse) one I've found. Online Geniuses (most value) https://onlinegeniuses.com/
As a remote designer, this is a must have. I'm always contactable and available. Super easy way to also have quick calls and communicate with other team members on different teams.
I'm a part of a ton of Slack communities but I'm active in only a handful.
Slack works to its fullest only when it is implemented in a team and everyone's supposed to use it for communication. Slack could/should improve on making the communities on it better by adding relevant features.
- Access to over 70 top-tier applications all in one place with one easy sign-up and download.
I've been using SetApp for more than a year and I have to say, it's become one of my favorite services.
I was skeptical about an app subscription service, but did the math and for Ulysses, Screens, and a few other must-have apps, it was worth its price.
To my surprise, it has actually become even more valuable, as I discover apps I wouldn't have otherwise used -- like Expressions and TablePlus -- or that I may have been weary about buying for their price (like Downie, a youtube-dl frontend that is great but not something I'd necessarily want to spend $20 on).
If you have already paid for some of the pricier apps in SetApp, it's "value" may not be as great -- but as time goes on and more major upgrades are released, it's something Mac users, especially power Mac users should definitely consider.
I love it.
First ever subscription model for macOS apps of different companies.
It's awesome, I regret purchasing many apps before.
- I have been a huge fan of third-party Twitter apps, but I find myself coming back to Twitter for Android. It's just perfect now!
- Sharing Pictures with other people and friends is amazing, too! You can follow some amazing profiles or companies and get new pictures of new stuff.This is the first non-work app that I install on new devices - I'm a sucker for beautiful content
- The #1 communicating platform for me, love this thing.Much better than Whatsapp because of a native desktop app, makes cross-platform messaging seamless. Great for sending files/photos as well - no size limits!
- I extensively use Dropbox, it helps me keep my files and my team in sync.Thus far no cloud works as smoothly as DropBox. All my devices access it as "just another folder," exactly as they should.
- This is especially true to Mac, ad one of the first on any new device! (other than Twitter and 1Password)I use Evernote for just about everything (work and personal). The ability to store and retrieve from any device makes it indispensable for me.
Absolutely love Evernote. Use it for work and personal use and that is easy with the ability to make notebooks. Tags are super helpful as is annotating a document or editing a picture with Skitch. Makes my life easier and more organized!
Evernote is a platform that allows you to organize, store, share and then search your information. Evernote impacts a business's productivity by streamlining the collection and distribution of critical information by enhancing its retrieval. Evernote's gives your business enhanced control of the information you own or information already collected by your employees. It's your business. It's your information.
- Pinterest gives me a time out. I make sure to time myself (7 minutes for me) and call it "Meditat-rest".
- It is very good for people who want to work mobile and do some project management stuff. So this is why I recommend Trello.
Brilliant for managing all your project backlogs in a Kanban fashion. Including a list for the DIY tasks around the house.
As a Marketer I use this daily to manage workflow, sort ideas around future content and prioritize my activities. My team collaborate and report using handy integrations with Google and we use it as a Customer service and Sales script repository to store links to docs and how-to videos.
Trello has helped me organize my projects for a while now. Since I work as a software engineer. An example of my boards is sort of where I create tasks then I classify them according to their current position on the sprint. For example I have tasks in different cards such as Icebox, Backlog, Current Iteration and Done. I have set deadlines all ranging from 2 weeks to someday :(. Overall a great product!
- This. Lifeline to friends and collegues far far away. Plus the already mentioned 1Password. None of my iOS devices start up without these.