Looking for visual tools that also help tell a story and lets others click to expand roadmap items, sort them (eg. by user story, platform), etc. I realize project management tools like JIRA offer such functionality, but I'm looking for something less extensive.
- Winston made this productproductboard is the product management solution of choice at renowned product companies like Zendesk, Invision, and Envoy. Consolidate user inputs, prioritize what to build next, validate feature ideas with users, and rally everyone around your roadmap. It integrates with your existing customer touchpoints like Zendesk, Intercom, and email, as well as dev tools like JIRA, GitHub, Trello, and Pivotal.
- Aha is a great road mapping tool with templates and features like visual mapping if it might help you in storytelling. Plus the interface itself is pretty neat for segregation. I did a free trial.
- After using JIRA, spreadsheets, ppts and some other tools, we landed on ProdPad because it gave us both the idea input and the output of an easy to view product roadmap based on themes and near and long term timelines. You can expand each item and see the underlying supporting ideas for it and any user stories in them. Get granular or get to 30K ft view of your product. It even handles multiple roadmaps very nicely in a portfolio view. Collaboration is as simple as inviting anyone in your org to be a contributor on any idea. Our Dev team uses it to view what our priorities are for yearly planning.
- If you tried JIRA and want to opt for something feature-rich yet simple to use, I'd recommend Atlaz. I’m fan of its Roadmap board, a great visual scheduler for projects. You get a calendar with start and due dates, and can add tasks or links to tasks from other boards to show dependencies. And it's free for teams up to five people :) Start with a trial to see if it fits you.
- I really like Craft, and not just because they have a free solo plan! The standout features to me are: - quick visual journey mapping (in Storyboard mode), which then forms the backbone for writing user stories. - a complete flow from strategic design all the way through to task level breakdown for actual development. - visual roadmaps in which you can mark versions and milestones. I feel they're still early days and need to make a few decisions about simplifying some of the UI as there's a few too many frills when it comes to fields and categories. They also need to improve the use of space on some screens. Buts it's probably the best of the bunch I've seen so far.
- Simple online tool offering visually engaging roadmap templates for project planning. The drag-and-drop interface makes it easy to move around elements in the template. You can also add your branding assets using the Brand Kit feature. Venngage also offers templates for project plans & proposals, flow charts, swot analysis, and more.
- Featured in Gartner's 2017 & 2018 Market Guide for Product Management and Roadmapping Tools, TARA is a cloud-based solution that offers an AI-powered product builder, features to manage software builds and resources, data visualizations, recommendation engines, and integrations with other leading product development solutions.
- Productstash is a great free tool for building simple agile product roadmaps, managing release notes and collecting/validating ideas. The free version allows roadmap voting and idea voting, whilst the paid version allows you to share your roadmap publicly, enabling to collect feedback from customers etc. Would definitely give it a try!