Use case : if you constantly find yourself copy-pasting the same text (especially within a team), what's an app that could host a collection of text snippets and associated keyboard/keyword shortcuts?
- I use aText and I've had 1-2 very minor issues with it over the years, but nothing major. It's definitely worth the $5 fee if you just want something that does text shortcuts & don't necessarily want or need TextExpander's other features.After looking through all of these I can't believe how it's not higher on this list. $5 for a super powerful and easy to use TextExpander. Clean interface with dynamic variables. Great for code, emails, etc. The aText team could/should be charging even more than they are for this.
- I recommend you check out PhraseExpress. PhraseExpress is available on Windows, Mac, iOS & Android. PhraseExpress can also import Textexpander snippets.
- Adem Bilican made this productI recently released canSnippet, it is a snippet management application that works really well with code snippets. Sharing option is not implemented yet but will come in future releases. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any question.
- I actually found the Keyboard > Text settings on System Preferences of MacOS (any version, really) to be quite handy for most of my uses. I just create a bunch of "$variables", and every time I type them across apps, it just expands to full copy.
- Text Blaze is a chrome extension so it works anywhere in chrome and goes with you everywhere your chrome is installed, regardless of OS. It's extremely powerful, allowing for fillable text fields, drop down and toggle options, notes, formulas, if/then conditions etc. I've been an active user for 2 years and it's become one of the few apps I can't love without. The free version is great and the pro version is dirt cheap. In fact, I upgraded within 30 mins of using it and never looked back. Dev team is super hands on too.