- 1Password is my favorite password manager / security tool / general peace of mind and helpful app. I don't want to just recommend this, but insist that you install this. It'll keep you from getting hacked, it integrates seamlessly across devices and browsers... seriously, just download it already.
I've been using CMM for almost a year and so far it works great. I've read a lot of negative reviews but CMM is a good app based on my experience, and I think you should give it a spin.
This is one of the first apps I install on a new computer when ever I start a new job. Use it all the time!
- f.lux is one of those things that I don't know how I ever lived without. All through college I worked evening hours on my computer and it was KILLING my sleep schedule (and I'm one of those people who need sleep). Then, in came f.lux and absolutely changed the game. It was weird to get used to the orange hue at first, but oh my gosh, being able to go to bed after working or writing a paper made it 100% worth it. I haven't looked back once.I don't know how I'd live without f.lux. It's so good that Apple is planning on baking this feature directly into macOS.
Honestly, if I was to buy a new computer, this is the first thing I would download.
Although Apple and Google have integrated blue light filters into their operating systems, they still haven't matched the capabilities that f.lux offers. f.lux gives you more control over the filter strength and once setup, you don't need to touch.
I have been using this since it first showed up on Product Hunt. It's probably my most used 'app' even though I barely ever interact with it. Once I found my optimal settings, I don't think I've opened the app itself more than a handful of times. It works as advertised most of the time. The only time I've had issues is when using it on external displays with Linux. Since it's my secondary device, it's not been much of a problem though.
- Window managing on Macs leaves much to be desired. This app has solved my issues with macOS's lack of built-in features since day one. Though there may be somewhat cheaper options, the constant updates and reliability of the app continue to make me a happy customer. (The app goes on sale so frequently that you really can't go wrong)
- Screenshots, gifs, videos, CLOUDAPP DOES IT ALL 🙌 And not only does it do it all, but it does it so much better than any other similar product. They've got cloud storage, such efficient link sharing, easy downloads... If you ever use screenshots or record your screen for any reason, you should be using this.
- Spotify's desktop experience is AMAZING. I actually always go to my computer to edit playlists because it's so much easier than the mobile edit experience. I also love the ability to creep on what my friends are listening to (it makes me feel close to them and I love geeking out discovering new music through them). Also, if you're not using Spotify, you're not streaming music right.
I like this tool. It's simple, free and doesn't get in your way. You just set the hotkeys you want to use and manage your windows with comfort. It's also open source: https://github.com/eczarny/spectacle
A great window sizing and placement manager for macOS.