- I would say Headspace if you want to meditate. You can choose the time you want to meditate but you can also use this app to stay focused, to sleep better even to dismiss anxiety and boost your self-esteem. It's a great all-in-one solution!
This is the first and only app I pay for :D Sometimes it can feel like a chore to do stuff that is good for you and this app takes that away for me. I teaches you gently and pleasantly and Ive been able to stick to it and understand more about how minds work. It helped me stop biting my nails.
Great product to get focus in a world of noise
- I do like Headspace but I would be remiss to not include Calm on the list also.Calm has efficient apps for both iOS and Android devices. It has outstanding features and user experience.
I love Calm. I've always struggled to adopt a steady meditation practice, but Calm makes it easy to form the habit!
I discovered the Calm App a few years ago and it's been accompanying me in my meditation practice since then.
- Simon Benfeldt Jørgensen made this productMakes you sleep in 5 minutes. The Sleep Story app is a collection of ultra-relaxing sleep inducing stories, short stories, fairytales and meditations designed to beat insomnia and help you fall asleep quickly every single night.
- I've been meditating for 6 years. My previous top choice of app was Headspace, but Sam Harris' guided meditations in his Waking Up app are easily the best I've ever come across in terms of clarity and understanding. I've never heard a better explanation of mindfulness and how to achieve it (or rather work towards it). I've done 25 of his daily meditations so far, which also double as lessons, and I've already learned a ton. Even after 6 years of regular meditation. This app is amazing for beginners (I imagine) but also amazing for experienced meditators looking to deepen their practice.
The why it matters part ist the most important one... Without Sam I still would've been constantly lost in my thoughts and very likely would have missed most of my life. Sounds very dramatic, but it's just true.
So.. for anyone who is trying to figure out what the hell is going on in your mind - just download the app and take it from there. It will make thing much clearer.
I've been waiting to see what this app is like after using 10% happier and Headspace for the last few years. I like the inclusion of the lessons, which offers a little more insight compared to the competition.
- Simple and straight to the point. Intuitive to use. Really have been enjoying that app compared to others I've tried.
- I tried several other meditation apps mentioned here and none is as good as Insight Timer! The huge advantage of Insight Timer is their global community of meditation and mindfulness teachers that publish their sessions and courses there. Profit-oriented meditation apps such as Calm or Headspace get a lot of media coverage because of the investment they raised, a number of meaningless downloads or other non-mindfulness related reasons. In the meantime, Insight Timer, which is a sustainable company without a fancy PR and a big budget, achieves something that actually matters: Almost 3x more people spend time on Insight Timer than on any other apps. That means time spent on what these apps were actually built for — meditating. So if you were looking to try meditation, I highly recommend you to try Insight Timer.
I love this app. I've seen it grow from a wee little timer with different bells to a full fledge application with courses, timers, and a friendly online community.
Been using this product for over a year and it has so much variety. I love that when I log in I can see how many people around the world are meditating using the app at that moment in time.
- Hidden gem. I found it early on and became a "lifer." <- the only app I've ever done that with. Sleep can be set for 6 hours, 8 hours, or infinite. There's also a 15 minute and 30 minute "break" choice in the "relax" feature. Very well thought out and does exactly what you expect it to do. (Note: I have not tried the other apps recommended)
I bought a lift time membership and pumped I made the move. I find this really helps me stay on task especially if I've had a bad night sleep or an intense day.
I have been using Brain.fm consistently since purchasing a lifetime membership back in January. I mainly use it during work (programming), sometimes when sleeping.
- Sleep Cycle is amazing - to be honest I'm not sure exactly how it works, but you set a window that you want to wake up in (generally 30 minutes) and it analyzes your movements to wake you up at the right time within that window (it wakes you up slowly with an increasing sound). I felt the difference immediately.
- Recommending pocketcoach, reasons for not being able to sleep are plentiful, however often anxiety or stress are the underlying reason. Pocketcoach helps you work on yourself long-term to build the right skills to cope while providing short term relieve with exercises
- Aura app, by far is the most effective sleep/meditation app of 2019. It fits with your schedule and attention span and uses Machine Learning to customise your meditations. You can even track your progress overtime. The best part is, you get 24/7 access to it for lifetime in their premium subscription. If you are looking to relieve chronic stress or revive your sleep pattern that may be upset due to stress, Aura is the way to go. It fits the budget and helps you relax.