- We are using this tool at my current job. All the teams have a page and we write every informations we need to share with other team. It can be great to write some little "tutorials" for some tools you are using at your job and everything. I recommend this tool if you want to build an internal wiki :)It has a vast array of features and is suitable for all kinds of documentation.
HANDS DOWN 🙌🏼 THE BEST PRODUCTIVITY, ORGANISATION AND RESOURCE WORKSPACE myself or my team have ever touched 💯
We're huge advocates of Trello, power-users of Slack, data-hungry Google Sheet/Doc fanatics and unloyal downloaders of many productivity, Wiki, task management and organisation apps. With my CTO I often mused the idea of building an all-in-one workspace for internal use that sat as our Pandora's box of goodies ranging from development wiki's, onboarding information and branding resources all the way to task management, meeting notes and even time tracking - lo and behold I stumbled across this gem of an app.
We decided to run Notion for a week in tandem with Trello (for our highly-granular level project management) starting by spending an hour in the evening porting over info to populate a few spreadsheets, wikis etc. I also went ahead and threw personal pages up to trial it on an individual level. 📝Note: if you have a super high turnover of to-do's and an active team you won't find switching over from another app to be a lengthy process. After 6 years of managing a creative agency I reckon I have seen enough task management and organisation apps to last a lifetime, so take my thoughts here with that consideration.
After a week we drew the following conclusions:
⏱ We worked faster with Notion than we did with Trello, Evernote or even a physical whiteboard.
📦 Today I solely used Notion for the entire workday. This time last week I would have used Trello, Slack (sending meeting notes and memos), Google Sheets, Google Docs, the native OSX notes app and GithubWiki just to get my day ORGANISED!
📚 Managing client editorials, project budgets, to-do lists and even basic memos and planning has been a breeze. It's great as a lightweight CRM too.
🛠 We were more organised than ever before. It's great to have a knowledge base for our products, plans and company sitting right amongst our task management tools.
We have also been left wanting for nothing (👏🏼 Congrats, Notion team) but dreaming of a few things:
💵 Beefier finance organisation/support. Integrations with Quickbooks, Xero maybe? Make it easier to build budgets and organise our money plans!
🗣 Room to annotate and collaborate on images/PDF's etc.
🔐 Function to lock pages so you can't edit, and the little hover tooltip to edit doesn't show up.
🎨 Integration with design apps - Sketch, UXPin, etc. Many many many creatives will use this app and be left wanting in this area. Think: a creative agency collabs, annotates, refines, develops and more...keep them in Notion.
The TLDR: Notion 2.0 kicks a** and we'll be using it for a long long time in place of a myriad of other productivity apps and tools. You should too.
I want to move from Evernote (I am a premium subscriber) to Notion, I really do but I don't think Notion wants me to. Whatever I am about to say, I say it with nothing but respect for Notion and in the hopes that it will continue to improve at the same pace.
First, the good - Notion has the best note editing interface I've ever used. A close second might be OneNote (it's a high bar, mind you) and Bear. It combines the simplicity of Evernote or Markdown with the power of OneNote although, it is missing the ability to use handwriting and doesn't support iPad with Pencil just yet. When it does, it will be perfect. I also like that I can save code snippets. Why is this so hard for Evernote?
Notion 2's tables, boards and other updates are huge. While I'm sure the in-built kanban board is not as feature complete as Trello, it should be more than enough for most projects. Same for tables. Airtable has a bunch of really cool advanced features but for most use cases, tables within Notion are just fine. Notion is on the right path and I am sure these features will only improve.
Now for what I don't like - The price is definitely my number one complaint. I will happily pay for Notion when it can do everything that other apps can. Until then, why not let me stay connected to the product with a cheaper paid plan or a better free tier? I pay for Evernote but if I were to consider switching, I can't do so purely because Notion doesn't do a bunch of things that Evernote can (even though it does a lot of things that Evernote doesn't) - Chrome extension to clip articles, emails, images etc., powerful mobile app with business card and document scanning, iPad support etc.
At $8 a month, it is more expensive than G Suite on a per-user basis. Why not give me 100 - 200 free blocks per month? Let me grow to love it. Let me build a workflow around it. Give me some incentive to tell my friends about it. When you have the features I want (I'm sure you're working on it), let me pay for it.
Price aside, I would also like to see how Notion fairs for quick note-taking, It's designed to be a wiki-style product and I get that but I'm sure a LOT of people are using it for personal notes. I use Evernote to save one-line notes - phone numbers, quotes, URLs etc. Notion's wiki-style UX is too heavy duty for that kind of use. It would be really cool if there was a "scratchpad" or "quick notes" feature that was not as heavy duty. For these simpler notes, I don't want to organize them into pages, I just want to save them and may be tag them. Which brings me to another feature I could really use - tags. Why limit users to only folders? Why not allow users to just tag notes?
I could go on but ultimately, I won't be switching to Notion right now, even though I really want to. Cost is too prohibitive but I'm sure I'll be on the hunt for future updates.
- Discovered it a few months ago and moved all of our docs there. It's really lightweight and sleek, and works like a bunch of interlinked Google Docs that can be edited in real-time and organized in a tree, kanban board or a mind map. By far the best solution out there :)The software allows teams to collaborate and share information in real-time.
Excellent product which is on the right track. In my view the pricing is too high for this stage with 5 Euro/user/ month. G Suite costs 4 euro for it's vast service portfolio. For us a price point at 1 or 2 Euro would feel comfortable.
Nuclino definitely deserves to be as popular as Slack and Trello. Like Slack and Trello, Nuclino focuses on one task and does a brilliant job at it. I really hope this stays actively maintained!
We've been using Slite for a few months and it finally solved our long research for the perfect knowledge sharing app :)
The adoption by our team was impressive, and Slite makes our knowledge management a breeze
We've been using Slite for few months, and we can't be more happy. Best benefit is that it's a perfect way to improve transparency inside our team and to onboard new teammates!
As a CEO, I'm often approached with different questions during the day, and this used to distract me a lot from some important tasks. What I do now, is just simply prepare the automated tutorials with StepShot and easily share them with my employees.
It’s often very complicated to communicate with our clients without the visual image of what they would like to change in the projects we make for them. Thanks to StepShot, our work has became much easier since now our clients just go through the website, click on what they like/dislike and provide us with a quick feedback, all in one doc!)
If you have a project that entails many chapters or is organized in an outline format, this is super-helpful. I love Git Book. Totally underrated software.
- Agata Krzysztofik made this productGroove's Knowledge Base supports WYSIWYG-based rich text editing. You can easily build UX-friendly and beautiful KBs that match your company’s branding and colors. It's also optimized for mobile, SEO, and open graph. It offers 1-click SSL and allows to easily use your own domain.
It's so important that customers with complaints or just questions are handled carefully. I always judge a company as much by the quality of its customer service team as by the product.
Speaking for myself, I like to know that if I had questions, I could talk about them in a place dedicated to solving problems (especially with anything technical). This is clearly a win-win for both creators and users of products.
We love using Help Scout to rally up the support related emails we get on a regular basis. We switched over from Google Groups and won't look back!
My last company, Tonx Coffee made great use of Helpscout. It feels like a secret weapon.
- Frontify is great – I've been using it on several large-scale projects since they are built for design documentation and are doing that very well. It's super easy to use and with different entry points for different needs. The team responds quickly and are open for feature suggestions. They are also great for teams with high-security requirements since they're GDPR conforming and hosted in Switzerland.
Tettra is solving the communications challenges that have arisen as content became more fluid as well as more distributed between mediums like Slack, EMail, and then what is considered "published and shared" content. Tettra is allowing users to generate such shared content where they work - primarily Slack and email.
After an exhaustive search for the best knowledgebase to use at GrandPad, we've picked Tettra.
From the Slack integration, ease of use, and responsive support team - it was the clear best choice for our knowledgebase.
- Keeping up with teacher and parent is faster and easier than ever. Share updates and photos, engage with friends and Pages, and stay connected to communities important to you. This app basically works on three profiles 1.Owner/ Principal * Owner can handle multiple schools and multiple roles with single login it so easy every detail will be on your fingertips. * Now have in-house social media with notice creating your event and sharing pictures with school. * Find every single details of your teacher and it’s so easy that you can change schedule by just selecting the teacher from the present list. * Very easy to use for their day to day school management problems. * During PTM just search the name of student and can find the profile, attendance, homework result details in just a click. * Join the digitalization and enjoy the connection with parents Design your own school on www.home.bbedut .com 2. Teacher/ Staff * Less than 30 second challenge just voice out the name of the student and clicks only on absent and leaves. Still miss someone can change it any time any place. But only by the teacher who took the attendance. * Why to discuss about the homework well you can send it just on click and even attachment can be sent in the form of image, pdf, excel. Even result can be schedule with timing so ease your voice and pen enjoy to connect with whole class with single clicks. 3. Student / Parents * Now it is so easy to connect to the school and find every updates about the school on your app. * Connected with school on tracking of your bus and providing leaves to the school. The Blackboard app does more than help you stay connected with your friends and interests. It's also your personal organizer for storing, saving and sharing. It's easy have full control over your photos and privacy. The security is the most important patch in which we provide NDA with Schools on individual Data Security. Blackboard is Free and always be because our company vision consists of to help each single child on this planet to fulfill their dreams. The most important desktop features of Blackboard is data entry part and managing multiple things from web it can be only govern by the Owner and principal of the school at www.home.bbedut.com