- Headspace starts my day off on the right foot. I was never one to meditate - always thought it was a little weird - but this helped get me started and make the process way smoother. I wake up, sit on the floor and listen.
This is the first and only app I pay for :D Sometimes it can feel like a chore to do stuff that is good for you and this app takes that away for me. I teaches you gently and pleasantly and Ive been able to stick to it and understand more about how minds work. It helped me stop biting my nails.
Great product to get focus in a world of noise
- I like to read the latest articles on Medium while I'm waking up. I find it relaxing and the content is more thoughtful than reading the news (which is usually inflammatory, always negative and sometimes fake).
I've loved Medium for a long time - in fact I still hear from people (other authors wanting to link/interview me, prospective clients, etc.) every singe month directly from my very first Medium post.
Medium on mobile is...so-so. Much better than the original app, but the nature of a content network means there's a ton to fit on a small screen's UX.
My only real issue with the app is the writing interface (which should be Medium's strongest point if the website is any indication). It's reminiscent of the beloved Medium writing interface, but some of the features
I've used many blog editors out there, and none has proven to be as easy and user friendly as Medium.
- I love to learn something new, so it's obvious what site to go.This is something I will do after checking the headlines.Yep, I don't know how it happened, but I find myself checking the weather first (necessity for walking my dog first thing in the morning) and then checking Product Hunt. Every morning. It helps me start the day inspired and invigorated. Seeing teams of one or only a few people put something great into the world gives me a healthy morning boost. I think it works as sort of an accomplishment cue, too. "Dang, this person launched this great app today. And this app started as just an idea some other day. I wonder what I can do today." I know it's kinda cheesy, but that's the dialog that runs through my head when I see something I like on Product Hunt.
- For quiet mornings and fresh starts! I can make a wonderful start with a guided meditation <3
I love Calm. I've always struggled to adopt a steady meditation practice, but Calm makes it easy to form the habit!
I discovered the Calm App a few years ago and it's been accompanying me in my meditation practice since then.
- A ten minutes attempt to learn a language goes far in the long run. Maybe one can even learn a language in one year.
My reading and listening skills have improved so much since using Duolingo, I couldn't recommend it more. I'm not naive in thinking it will make it fluent as it's not the best for speaking skills but has vastly helped me improve and build up my language confidence.
Using Doulingo for a long time. It really helped me to improve my French. Recently began to study Swedish there. It helps to improve listening, writing and speaking skills at the same time. Love the approach to study, that's really funny and easy. You just make fun and the result is a new skill.
- Listening great business & entrepreneurship podcasts every morning.
- Now, this is going to be biased but checking my social media monitoring projects is what I start my day with, alongside checking my mail. As a community manager for our product, I have to stay on top of the relevant mentions, whether they appear on social media or blogs or news sites. Considering we live in different timezones, checking those notifications is a must every morning in case some negative comments were posted overnight. It's obviously important to reply to the positive ones, too, but the negative ones are the ones that need to be taken care of in the first place.
Brand24 is a great app, especially if you're a business prone to any type of social media critics (like every type of business, nowadays?). It's just a much better way to know what people are saying about your brand then searching it through Google.
A great tool that helps me understand where and how people discuss certain topics like "Alternative to [MyCompetitorName]", "How to [Solve the problem I sell a solution to]" so I can engage personally and try to convert.
I've actually had it for several months. I didn't get to play around with it too much, but for now its main use is with Google Music. I ask it to play songs, bands, albums or just generic stuff like "saturday morning music" and it's pretty good at it. I also ask it the weather, I occasionally set reminders on it and once or twice I set a countdown. I guess I'm not yet accustomed to it being there.
Best part for me: coming home at night, I can just shout at my Google Home to turn on the lights instead of stumbling around in the dark looking for the light switch!
- best for handling alot of tabs , but be sure to back them up also
I wish that I could create groups of tabs. If I have a group of tabs that are all related to one subject, I want to group them together within the onetab list.
I used is for well over 1y and it's OneTab that I always keep opened. Whenever I let loose browsing and I know I have to get back to my focus - right click and move to one-tab for later. Thanks OT team for making this amazing tool.
- Use this app in the morning for a 5 minute guided meditation to be able to start the day on the right foot. (But also in the evening to be able to fall asleep after a long day in front of the blue screen)Every day includes a session in Insight TImer (520 days consecutively so far). The only apps I reach for before it is Sleep Cycle (if I'm tracking that night) or Elite HRV if I'm looking for a bead on my "readiness" for the day.
I love this app. I've seen it grow from a wee little timer with different bells to a full fledge application with courses, timers, and a friendly online community.
Been using this product for over a year and it has so much variety. I love that when I log in I can see how many people around the world are meditating using the app at that moment in time.