- Overcast is the best podcast player on iOS with must-have features like offline play, a sleep timer, and playback speed adjustments. That said, I'm beta testing a new podcast app from a YC-backed startup that provides most of the same features but with community and better discovery. Eager to share with everyone. 😊
- It has an extensive library, great interface and did I mention, great interface? They had me at Dark theme. I've tried quite a few podcast apps for Android but Pocket Casts is, by far and away, the best looking one. I personally love that there's an option to always start episodes of specific podcasts at x minutes so that I can skip the ads.
- Before Breaker, I would rarely listen to podcasts. Overcast and other apps were lacking discovery tools, making it difficult to find new shows/episodes. Breaker brilliantly solves this by adding a social layer, allowing you to see what friends are listening to, liking and commenting on. I'm now exposed to shows that I never heard of before, and listening to podcasts is now a daily habit.Breaker replaced Overcast as my default podcast player a month ago while in beta. Unlike other podcast players, they're focusing on episode discovery and community, surfacing podcasts listened to and loved by your friends. While early, its introduced me to new podcasts which I can't say any other podcast player has done.Cant' recommend Breaker enough. The social aspect was really important for me because the best recommendations for podcasts have always come from friends. I also like the notifications when new podcasts are released and the app is simple yet very user-friendly.
- App designed to help you track a broad range of shows and pick out the episodes that appeal to you. To do this, they introduce a concept that is new to podcast apps: episode triage.
- Currently you can only listen to podcasts on the mobile app, but this is my go to app for podcasts. It doesn't have every podcast available, but it's got the major ones. I haven't run into the problem of not finding a podcast I listen to on it yet. It's got the normal features of offline playback and the ability to make playlists as well. Plus, it has the added benefit of being the same music app I use which cuts down on having to flip between apps. Keeps everything nice and simple.
- 1Love the discoverability it provides of other shows and news related to what I already enjoy and have selected/favorited. The UX is efficient and appealing too. I was a big Stitcher user until about a year ago when I found Otto and switched over entirely, been happy ever since especially with the new features they've added since then.